Interesting Facts in the Ancient Egypt for kids
Ancient Egypt history for kids is fascinating to be told. One comes to know all the cultural and habitual practices of Egyptians and how they led their lives in the most unique way. There are some interesting facts about ancient Egypt and Egyptians that adds to the knowledge in intricacy.
- As the Pharaohs were considered Gods and even if they were they certainly called for royal treatments. In order to keep flies away from the Pharaoh a slave was appointed to stand naked with honey spread all over his body so that the flies only stuck to him.
- A headdress or a crown was always part of the Pharaoh’s dress because they did not like their hair to be shown.
- The ancient Egypt for kids also tells that kids wore no clothing until they reached their teenage years. The temperature of Egypt was also hot that the natives themselves wore short dresses.
- The ancient Egypt for kids puts importance in the classification of the locals. The rich dressed differently and poor in different attire. The rich wore wigs while the lower classes would weave their hair. The boys had half their head shaved like ancient Chinese with only one plaited lock. Historians tell that they did this to protect them from lice and fleas.
- The first pyramid discovered, that of Djoser, was surrounded by a 34 ft wall with 15 doors and only one allowed entry into the pyramid.
- The ancient Egypt history for kids is interesting to hear when there are mummies involved. The mummies of the Pharaohs were preserved by removing all the organs of their bodies except the heart. The Egyptians believed that the heart is must for the soul of the Pharaoh to survive so they did not take it out. The rest of the organs were put in a jar and placed besides the mummified Pharaohs.
- The Pharaohs married many women and even kept concubines. One of the popular Pharaohs Ramases had 8 wives and 100 concubines and he was 90 years old when he died.
- Only one Egyptian architect has been known by name in the ancient Egypt history for kids. The name of the architect is Imhotep who died around 2600 BC.
- Makeup was not only worn by women at that time but also men. The Pharaohs spent most of the time of a day on their personal care and cosmetic treatments.
- The Egyptians used to sleep in pillows made out of stone
- The purpose of the Sphinx in Egypt is still known since all the entrances to the structure are blocked by being buried in the sand.
It is interesting to know the facts in ancient Egypt for kids to share further. The secrets of ancient Egypt are vast enough to be still in the discovery phase by the archeologists. The lifestyle of the common Egyptians are still unknown as not much has been found about them in detail.